Long Term Residency / Stamp 4

Long Term Residency / Stamp 4 is reckonable as residence when applying for citizenship by naturalisation. With stamp 4 you do not need to hold an Employment Permit to be employed or set up your own business in Ireland.

Long Term Residency / Stamp 4

Long Term Residency / Stamp 4 is available to people: 

You may be given Stamp 4, after you have had a permission to work in Ireland:

  • With a valid Critical Skills Employment Permit for 2 years
  • With a valid employment permit for 5 years
  • As a researcher (with a valid Hosting Agreement) for 2 years.

You may be given Stamp 4 if you are granted permission:

  • To join and reside with your Irish spouse, civil partner or de-facto partner
  • As a convention or programme refugee, or based on subsidiary protection
  • To join your family member who is a recognised refugee or has been granted subsidiary protection
  • To remain with your child who is an Irish citizen
  • Under the Investor and Entrepreneur Programme (including spouse/partner & eligible family member)
  • For Long Term Residence.




Very often, companies in Ireland come to Visas Ireland asking for help in recruiting professionals.