Long Term Residency / Stamp 4 is reckonable as residence when applying for citizenship by naturalisation. With stamp 4 you do not need to hold an Employment Permit to be employed or set up your own business in Ireland.
Long Term Residency / Stamp 4 is available to people:
You may be given Stamp 4, after you have had a permission to work in Ireland:
- With a valid Critical Skills Employment Permit for 2 years
- With a valid employment permit for 5 years
- As a researcher (with a valid Hosting Agreement) for 2 years.
You may be given Stamp 4 if you are granted permission:
- To join and reside with your Irish spouse, civil partner or de-facto partner
- As a convention or programme refugee, or based on subsidiary protection
- To join your family member who is a recognised refugee or has been granted subsidiary protection
- To remain with your child who is an Irish citizen
- Under the Investor and Entrepreneur Programme (including spouse/partner & eligible family member)
- For Long Term Residence.